Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Recipe: Yoghurt 'soured cream'

Well, less a recipe and more a handy hint really. A couple of weeks ago I really started to crave MEAT! So, I bought some superior beef mince and made a vat of chilli, which I've been slowly eating my way through since (I should add that I froze several portions!). I had it with tacos last night (Old El Paso ones are anti-candida diet friendly). I thought up a quick - and delicious - substitute for soured cream to accompany the dish (which is pretty obvious when you think of it):

Yoghurt 'soured cream'

2-3 tbs goats yoghurt
juice of half a lemon
freshly ground pepper

Spoon the yoghurt into a bowl. Add the lemon juice and mix until the yoghurt is runny. Add pepper to taste. Drizzle over meat filling.

Would work as a salad dressing and (sloppy) dip. Very tasty.

No comments: