Monday, December 20, 2010
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Saturday, November 13, 2010
- avoid 'sweaty' clothing - though this does mean that I might have to give up running, which will be a real shame;
- tighten up the diet - not a lot, but, clearly, too much refined sugar has been passing my lips recently;
- shower, don't bath;
- three soup spoonfuls of yoghurt before every meal (yuck); and
- a tsp of olive oil per day (also yuck).
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Monday, May 24, 2010
Gujerati-style Cabbage with Carrots
1/2 lb cabbage
1/2 lb carrots
fresh green chilli to taste
3 tbsp oil
1 pinch asafeotida (hing)
1 tbsp black mustard seed
1 dried red chilli
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
3 tbsp chopped coriander
1 tsp lemon juice
1. Core the cabbage and cut into long shreds; grate the carrots; thinly slice the green chilli.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy pan; when hot add the asafeotida (hing), a second later add the mustard seeds; when they begin to pop add the dried red chilli; stir once.
3. Add the cabbage, carrots and green chilli; turn the heat down; stir for a minute.
4. Add the salt, sugar and coriander; cook for approx 5minutes or until the veg are just done; add lemon juice, stir, serve.
You may wish to moderate the use of fresh and dried chilli!
Sunday, May 02, 2010
I've finally located an agave-sweetened fairy cake recipe that works!* The resulting cakes are a little greasy, but fairly light and delicately flavoured. Just remember that using agave does result in a darker colour.