Monday, March 26, 2007

Recipe: Potato and Onion Fry

Well the name just about sums it up. I'd completely run out of food this evening, so had to cobble dinner together from the odd thing I had lying around. I came up with this. Add a tomato sauce and a drizzle of yoghurt (in place of soured cream) and you'd get a candida diet friendly Patatas Bravas.

Potato and Onion Fry

1 large potato
half a large onion
1 clove of garlic
olive oil
soft goats cheese
seasoning: freshly ground pepper, salt and paprika

Peel the potato, cut into quarters and boil until just tender. Meanwhile, grate the garlic and dice the onion. Fry in the olive oil until golden. Drain the potatoes and dice into pieces roughly an inch-cubed. Add to pan and fry gently until golden brown on all sides. Add a sprinkle of paprika and season to taste.

Serve with a couple of chunks of goats cheese just starting to melt on the top of the potatoes and boiled/steamed broccoli.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds really delicious! I'm having dinner guests in a few days and I think I'll have this as one of the dishes.

By the way, on the overly strict diet recommended by my former practitioner, white potatoes and cheese of any kind are totally out. Do you have a post where you list what you're eating and not eating?

Djinn said...

I hope you and your guests enjoy it!

I avoid all diary unless it comes from sheep and goats. Sheep and goats milk/cheese has less lactose than cow's milk. Have never been prohibited from eating potatoes though. That's a new one on me.

I'm not sure if I have posted before about what I can and cannot eat, neither for that matter have I ever given a run-down of the supplements I'm on. When I get a chance I'll do a post. :)