I recently had a very successful shopping trip at 'Budgens'. I found a range of products suitable for people following the anti-candida diet (see photograph), some of which - like the chappattis - I've previously, but most I haven't come across before. Perhaps things are looking up!
1. 'Sacla' Char-grilled Aubergine Pesto - ingredients:
- sunflower seed oil
- cashew nuts
- sea salt
- fresh garlic
- crushed pine kernels
- lactic acid (preservative)
- hot chilli pepper
2. Tzatziki (Budgens)
- garlic granules
3. 'Glutano' Tri-Colour Pasta
- maize starch and flour
- spinach powder
- tomato powder
- beetroot powder
(v. tasty with the aubergine pesto!)
N.B. 'Orgran' produce a similar corn-based pasta, available from Holland & Barrett.
4. Patak's Plain Chappattis (six)
- wholemeal flour
- vegetable oil
- fruit juice (guess this is okay in small quantities!)
- raising agents #
- calcium propionate (preservative)
* Mono and Diglycerides of fatty acids, mono and Diacetyl Tartaric Acid esters of Mono and Diglycerides of fatty acids (no idea what this is - if anyone out there knows, and it's nasty, please let me know!).
# Disodium Diphosphate Sodium Hydrogen carbonate (ditto!).
- and finally
5. 'Delamere' goats yoghurt
Same company produces a fresh goats milk available from the Co-op.
Other 'new' products:
('New', because I haven't seen them before!)
- hard goat's cheese
- UHT (longlife) goats milk
Both manufactured by 'St Helen's Farm' and available from Tescos.