Thursday, August 24, 2006

Some light relief!

Have just found this fab Retro Food Recipes website. None of them are suitable for the anti-Candida diet of course (but would I really want to actually consume any of them?!), but I just love imagining these God-awful creations. I can remember seeing as a toddler the image of a pink, gelatinous blancmange in glorious, HIDEOUS technicolour in one of my Mum's ancient Good Housekeeping recipe books. I remarked that it looked just like a bottom. I can still see it in my mind's eye today - must have made a BIG impression!

What particularly caught my eye here, was the recipe for 'Felixstowe Tart' in the regional foods section. Hmmmmm - I could add something really bitchy here (my ex ran off with a tart from Felixstowe), but I won't. ;)

No comments: