Tuesday, September 18, 2007

An easy-peasy Japanese-style meal

The Green Tea Prawns with Cucumber Salsa recipe available from Times Online (last recipe on the page, scroll to the bottom) is really delicious. The prawns with green tea have a wonderful, delicate flavour which makes a change from soy/miso based sauces. And the radish and cucumber salad that accompanies the prawns is also very good. I didn't use Sushi vinegar as advised - for a start, I couldn't find it to buy it, but also because it contains sugar. I substituted brown rice vinegar instead. What are you looking at me like that for? It's brown rice - it's gotta be healthy ;). Okay, so the salad isn't 100% candida-diet friendly, but would make - along with a serving of brown rice - a great, but simple, meal to feed non-'thrushy' friends, without breaking your own diet too drastically. Gets an A+ from me!

No comments: